Basic git clone over gemini:// working

Dave Huseby dave at westside.vegas
Tue May 12 02:32:45 BST 2020

Howdy,

I got bored over the weekend and wrote a simple Git remote helper for the gemini protocol. I published it on github for now: https://github.com/dhuseby/git-remote-gemini.git  Once you have it built and installed in your PATH somewhere, you'll then be able to clone it from the its actual location here: gemini://vi.rs/git-remote-gemini.git

I did a short terminal capture of me cloning a repo over gemini: https://asciinema.org/a/y2QxPEbgHsiGh4Go1AuHTLT0D

To make this work, I had to hack up Pollux to respond to simple queries and run the appropriate Git commands on the server. The details are in the README.gemini file in the repo.

Cheers!
Dave