[ANN] Moonlander: The fanciest Gemini client in the entire solar system
Ecmel Berk Canlıer
me at ecmelberk.com
Tue May 19 13:43:00 BST 2020
I was working on this for the last weekend or so, and I believe it's
now ready enough to share.
Announcing: Moonlander, the fanciest graphical Gemini client in the
entire solar system .
A screenshot: https://files.ecmelberk.com/img/1589891854.png
Please note that it's still under development, and there are a lot of
known bugs. Still, why not take it for a spin?
The rest of this mail will be an excerpt from the readme file:
- Custom, themeable rendering engine via Cairo & Pango
- Tries to follow Gnome HIG
### Known Bugs
- TLS Certificates aren't verified
- Somewhat high resource usage (for a Gemini client)
- No cross-protocol linking (yet)
- Cannot navigate backwards through redirections
- Renderer doesn't behave "native"
- Cannot select/copy text
- No interaction other than mouse clicks on links and scrolling
### Planned Features
- Render more than just text/gemini and plaintext.
- Planned: Markdown & images
- Possibly support other protocols
- Gopher, etc.
- Definitely not HTTP, unless excluding HTML
- Syntax highlighting (?)
- Waiting on text/gemini preformatting annotations to be somewhat
More information about the Gemini