[spec] Possible Tables Syntax

nothien at uber.space nothien at uber.space
Sun Jan 3 20:09:48 GMT 2021

"ew.gemini" <ew.gemini at nassur.net> wrote:
> If your table like layout cannot be made with toggling preformatted
> lines useing ```, what's the point then?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this.  Also, I actually
don't like the ```...``` layout I've used here, and I'm open to
suggestions for replacing it.  The primary concern to me is the actual
table syntax.

> If you really need tables, maybe large tables, who is stopping the
> author from using xml, http, csv, or whatnot, and make it a
> downloadable file?

Well, yes, I agree.  In fact, I said the same thing in my initial mail
on this topic.  But what about small tables?  Yes, they can be done in a
separate file, but that's often too much work for them - it's much
easier to just do it inline.  Especially when there are many of them.
Having a separate file also makes it harder on users, particularly for
those who don't have clients that do table inlining (e.g. gmnlm).

~aravk | ~nothien