[spec] Possible Tables Syntax

Karmanyaah Malhotra karmanyaahm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 22:46:21 GMT 2021

I think having some, any, sort of table syntax that can be adjusted by
the client is useful.

Perhaps a balance between pre-formatted and attached could be something like
```parse:table
+--------------------------------+-------+
| Food                           | Price |
+--------------------------------+-------+
| Eggs                           | $2    |
| Eggs and spam                  | $4    |
| Just spam                      | $2    |
+--------------------------------+-------+
```
This way, clients don't *have* to parse it, but if supported, they can.

Perhaps easier to parse would be.
```parse:table:/link/to/file.csv
+--------------------------------+-------+
| Food                           | Price |
+--------------------------------+-------+
| Eggs                           | $2    |
| Eggs and spam                  | $4    |
| Just spam                      | $2    |
+--------------------------------+-------+
```
This could again be optional and would allow for choice on whether
content authors want their tables rendered and if clients support it. If
the client doesn't support it, the table would show up as pre-formatted.

The second approach would require more work by authors but the
preformatted tables can be easily generated from a CSV (or any other
format) by servers or static site generators.
--
Karmanyaah Malhotra
https://karmanyaah.malhotra.cc/contact/