Message boards via e-mail, not Gemini

cmccabe at rawtext.club cmccabe at rawtext.club
Fri Jan 8 14:17:24 GMT 2021

Hi All.

On this topic, yet digressing a bit from Gemini, I started working on a
bulletin board (and more*) system that supports full interaction via email --
and only via email. The system is called friSBEe, where the SBE stands for
service by email.  I created it at the beginning of this year but haven't
touched it much since.  It's pretty raw, but also very flexible and could
easily be extended to support Gemini connections.

If you're interested in this, check out: https://rawtext.club/~frisbee/  And
feel free to contact me if you would like to test it out.

* features include a BBS, a blog system, a choose-your-own text adventure,
  messaging between users (yes, text messages on top of text email), and a few
  others.

cmccabe