Message boards via e-mail, not Gemini

mieum mieum at namu.blue
Sat Jan 9 02:15:13 GMT 2021

I think XMPP's PubSub spec would be a great way to do this. Movim.eu
built an entire social networking platform on top of this. Not
everyone uses XMPP though, unlike email.

I think a public inbox to collect responses is the neatest way to
do this through email, at least the simplest. . You could just run
a script to parse the posts to the lists, optionally convert them
ti gemtext, and generate an index of all the responses.

I think someone recently posted something like this to the list
(or maybe it was another, or a dream! I'm to sleep deprived to tell!)

~mieum gemini://rawtext.club/~mieum/