[ANN] edaha.org

Alex // nytpu alex at nytpu.com
Thu Jan 14 23:16:54 GMT 2021

> Announcing my personal gemini site at gemini://edaha.org. Currently
> running Jetforce as the server software.
For what it's worth, I subscribed to your page, looking forward to more
posts!

> First post is a guide on how I set up my server using free services
> from Oracle's cloud offering. You can check it out here:
> gemini://edaha.org/oracle-ci-how-to.gmi
I love reading about people (ab)using the free tiers of <insert cloud
service provider> to do their hosting. Obviously a gemini server will
fit easily on any free tier, but I remember having fun a few times
engineering my software to pretty much max out my usage of aws' free
tier so I could get the most bang for my nonexistent buck.

I am surprised that oracle has the best offering though, do you think
they just want to try to attract customers? I never really considered
oracle to be the generous type.

~nytpu

--
Alex // nytpu
alex at nytpu.com
GPG Key: https://www.nytpu.com/files/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint: 43A5 890C EE85 EA1F 8C88 9492 ECCD C07B 337B 8F5B
https://useplaintext.email/