Geminize, a Firefox addon for the Gemini Protocol

Waweic waweic at activ.ism.rocks
Fri Jan 15 10:55:54 GMT 2021

You simply can't write a "native" Gemini add-on. Mozillas dweb project
(which would have enabled you to build protocols other than http into
the browser as an add-on) is dead in the water, everybody who had been
working on it does not work at Mozilla anymore and the bug tracker
status is like "we aren't really interested, maybe, if you write it
yourself, we might accept it into the Firefox codebase".
Only upside is that Chromium does not do much better.