[tech] File extension options

Jason McBrayer jmcbray at carcosa.net
Thu Jan 21 14:36:13 GMT 2021

Mansfield <mansfield at ondollo.com> writes:

> Why not use '.gem' as the file extension? Why the encouragement to
> support one or both of gmi / gemini instead of adding a new one?

You can use whatever extension you want, or no extension, as long as
your server is configured to serve it as text/gemini. I think the main
reason people didn't use .gem originally is because it's already used
for an image file format, and maybe also for Ruby gems.

--
Jason McBrayer      | “Strange is the night where black stars rise,
jmcbray at carcosa.net | and strange moons circle through the skies,