Proposal: Simple structured form specification

Charlie Stanton charlie at shtanton.com
Wed Jan 27 10:27:06 GMT 2021

On Tue Jan 26, 2021 at 1:43 PM GMT, Jason McBrayer wrote:
> Having more complex forms is a temptation to implement applications on
> Gemini, rather than using pairings of protocol+client that are more
> appropriate (e.g. using NNTP for a message board).

I agree with this completely. I think Gemini should be a protocol for viewing
content only. I missed all the discussion around inimeg, titan etc. at the time
but I feel similarly about those.

I think a different protocol for filling out forms makes a lot more sense, and
we can work on having gemini clients and form clients play nicely together so
the user experience doesn't suffer from using a different program to fill out a
form.

Adding forms would take us wayyyyy too close to the web in my opinion.

Charlie (shtanton)