[spec] The Tragedy of &

Martin Bays mbays at sdf.org
Sun Jan 31 08:51:53 GMT 2021

* Saturday, 2021-01-30 at 22:09 -0500 - John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>:

>> Gemtext in their current incarnations are already sufficiently
>> complete to build interactive CGI applications with them today.
>
>The biggest problem is most likely the cost of setting up and tearing down
>all the TLS connections, but there is no help for that.

Well, there is "0-RTT" TLS session resumption with early data. That
reduces the overheads substantially (though it still requires a fresh
TCP connection for each request). As far as I know no server supports
0-RTT currently, and I think only a few clients do. But it would fit
well with heavy CGI use.