Promoting Gemini, is anyone working on outreach?

Stephane Bortzmeyer stephane at sources.org
Mon Feb 8 17:43:24 GMT 2021

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 05:08:21PM +0000,
 Miguel de Luis Espinosa <enteka at fastmail.com> wrote
 a message of 3 lines which said:

> YouTubers are already doing this, sometimes with otherwordly
> click-bait like "let's replace the Web with Gemini" or something
> along those lines.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1k_FCWPXk> "Gemini Is What The Web
Should Have Been" is quite good (but not what I thought about when I
talked about "outreach to real people", specially when he launches
Agate, and of course the surrounding environment of his video is not
made for Mr Smith).

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YzN4hAnvSQ> "The Modern Web Is
Bloated, Use Gemini Instead!" is more questionable for instance when
it says there is no search engine but it does the job, although
probably not what an outreach Web site would do.

One of the issues with outreach is that you don't talk the same to
people who just want to browse the geminispace and people who want to
publish content.