Re outreach and YouTubers

Chris Were chriswere at posteo.net
Tue Feb 9 16:59:36 GMT 2021

Hello Gemini mailing list,

My name's Chris Were and I run a small PeerTube/YouTube. Please forgive
any breach in protocol, I'm not used to mailing lists.

I noticed that YouTubers were mentioned as part of gemini outreach and
wanted to let you all know that I, for one, am incredibly excited to be
part of this growing community of talented individuals. I'm no-where
near as knowledgable as those on this list, but I'm thoroughly enjoying
learning about self-hosting and this amazing new internet protocol.

I'm open to feedback as to how I might help grow the community, but I
also understand there's a degree of animosity about YouTubers. I'd just
like to say that I really hope to be a constructive community member
when it comes to gemini outreach and I'm sure speak others in that
sentiment. We may get things wrong, but I assure you all that our hearts
are in the right place.

I'll be talking about gemini more on my channel, but I'd like to ask the
list; are there are any specific things you'd like people to know, such
as common misconceptions, or certain strengths gemini has? Is there any
misinformation about gemini out there you feel might need correcting?

*Don't forget to smash that like button,*
Chris Were