gemini browsers

Ben Bader ben at bendb.com
Tue Feb 9 17:44:30 GMT 2021

My personal take is that user privacy and control are cornerstone
principles of the Gemini project, and to me that implies that user agents
should maximize user choice.  Auto-loading images could lead to user
tracking, and users should be in charge of when and how they expose
themselves to such.

But then again, who would use a web browser that didn't show pictures?  Not
many.

A pragmatic choice (and one I'm taking in my own browser) is to have a
setting to enable inline image display.

Just my two cents.
Ben