Medium.com proxy

b10m menno+gemini.at.lists.orbitalfox.eu at b10m.net
Sat Feb 13 13:28:05 GMT 2021

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 12:15:59PM +0000, Miguel de Luis Espinosa wrote:
> b10m wrote:
> "
> Have a look at gemini://b10m.net/cgi-bin/medium and paste your https
> medium URL[1]
> "
>
> It works very nicely, however, let me suggest a use case for it:
> linking to medium content through a gemini a capsule.
>
> That use case could benefit, if you made, the url structure more
> "visible" so I can link to the content from my capsule with no
> thinking and probably less errors
>
> I mean something like:
>
> => gemini://b10m.net/cgi-bin/medium?https:%2F%2Fmedium.com%2Fthe-ascent%2F21-tiny-habits-to-improve-your-life-in-2021-without-much-effort-2ab56e680947  21 Tiny Habits to Improve Your Life in 2021 Effortlessly
>
> (Just literally took the first thing I got in medium)
>
> So if you could add a litle feature to your proxy so it provides
> not only the original url but the "gemini url" too that could be
> a massive help for those interesting on commenting medium content
> on Gemini. (and with 100% less privacy issues for our friends!)

Good suggestion!

I've added the gemini url at the bottom now too and stripped the
pointless bits, so the url becomes shorter.

E.g.:
  Gemini URL:
  [1]  gemini://b10m.net/cgi-bin/medium?/the-ascent/2ab56e680947
  HTTPS URL:
  [2]  https://medium.com/the-ascent/21-tiny-habits-to-improve-your-life-in-2021-without-much-effort-2ab56e680947

Thanks

--