Gemini Digest, Vol 19, Issue 33

seglar92 at michig.email seglar92 at michig.email
Sat Feb 13 16:09:06 GMT 2021

On 2/13/21 2:52 AM, gemini-request at lists.orbitalfox.eu wrote:
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 18:11:44 -0500
> From: Matthew Ernisse <matt at going-flying.com>
> To: gemini at lists.orbitalfox.eu
> Subject: Re: Storing capsule pages?
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:46:28PM +0100, David Emerson said unto me:
>> I'm interested to hear how you all are updating your capsules. I'm
>> just building out my infrastructure, and I've decided to use Docker
>> for my gemini server (agate) and for my proxy (kineto).

  rsync -rzaP --delete /media/username/USBDRIVE/Documents/gemini/*
username at r.circumlunar.space:~/gemini/

In this example, the gemini capsule files are kept in a usb drive
(USDBDRIVE), in the /media/username/USBDRIVE/Documents/gemini/directory
on a local linux device.  The command is entered into a terminal on the
local device.  There may be subdirectories under the gemini directory.
Any changes to the local directory will be written to the
r.circumlunar.space/username/gemini/ .