Medium.com proxy

Stephane Bortzmeyer stephane at sources.org
Sat Feb 13 19:07:17 GMT 2021

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 05:51:31PM +0000,
 Nico <nico at itwont.work> wrote
 a message of 39 lines which said:

> I disagree. We're not re-hosting their content on gemini, we're just
> using gemini as an interface to view it.

Although this argument has merits ("this is like viewing Medium with
the lynx Web browser, which is certainly legal"), I seriously doubt
that the legal system would agree. The big difference with a
stripped-down Web client is that you relay it to other people. IANAL
but I'm with Solène that b10m is on a very dangerous field. (Not on
the short term, since Gemini is certainly not on the radar of lawyers,
but later.)