[users] [ANN] gredig

mbays at sdf.org mbays at sdf.org
Sun Feb 14 13:36:46 GMT 2021

Announcing gredig, a collaborative language learning exercise.
=> gemini://gemini.thegonz.net/gredig/v

It's a simple CGI-based system I hacked together yesterday, running on
Molly Brown. The idea is to exploit gemini's international and
altruistic userbase, and its incorporation of utf8, to help us share our
linguistic expertise.

You submit a sentence in a language you're trying to learn, then someone
else expert in the language rewrites it, and you learn by comparing the
two. Everything is fully pseudonymous, based on client certificate
hashes.

I'd be interested to hear what people make of the interface, and how
well it works in various clients.

For now at least it's all quite minimalist -- in particular there's no
system to deal with abuse or free-riding. That could be added if it
proves necessary, but I'm guessing it won't.