Math Notation in Gemini?

Jonathan Lane jon at dorsal.tk
Tue Feb 16 18:23:18 GMT 2021

Recently I found some people interested in Gemini as a research sharing format.  Their one requested extension was inline rendering of mathematical notation via Groff MS or TeX syntax.  Would this be something that could be handled as a special client side handler for links to documents containing the fragments, like how Lagrange handles inline image expansion on link select?  I do see the appeal, but I don't want to introduce the weight of Roff or MathML or TeX into the Gemtext format spec.