"Spy pixels in emails have become endemic"

Oliver Simmons oliversimmo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:35:52 GMT 2021

If the library does run the JS (or make external requests in another
form) and not have an option to disable it I would consider that a bug
myself.
Myself I would always use separate files for SVG and images.

I think for data: URIs clients shouldn't process ones that have the
possibility to make network requests without the user explicitly
saying yes to it.
The spec kinda falls apart here as data: isn't a network protocol :/
> clients MUST NOT automatically make any network connections as part of displaying links whose scheme corresponds to a network protocol

How would data: even work in gemini text anyway?
Link lines are only supposed to be for *URLs* not URIs