Is it Amphora or Anfora?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Feb 19 20:47:36 GMT 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 11:08 AM Miguel de Luis Espinosa <
enteka at fastmail.com> wrote:

Oh, just figured it out. The installation suggested to rename the binary to
> amfora, but I just had amphorae on my head and renamed it to amphora, also
> updating the database to that name :)

You could for that matter rename it to ἀμφορεύς, assuming you have a
Classical Greek keyboard.  (If you have a modern one, which is somewhat
more likely, just leave out the rough breathing and call it αμφορεύς,
though that is not an actual Modern Greek word.)

For anyone who is wondering, nobody knows why the word changed gender from
masculine in Greek to feminine in Latin.

XQuery Blueberry DOM
Entity parser dot-com
Abstract schemata / XPointer errata
Infoset Unicode BOM                                 --Richard Tobin