[ANN] A Gemini crawler, for statistics about the geminispace

Luke Emmet luke at marmaladefoo.com
Sat Feb 20 18:30:19 GMT 2021

On 20-Feb-2021 14:53, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 12:12:47PM +0000,
>   Luke Emmet <luke at marmaladefoo.com> wrote
>   a message of 23 lines which said:
>>> gemini://gemini.bortzmeyer.org/software/lupa/stats.gmi
> Now displays fixed-size ranges *and* quantiles.

Thank you Stephane - it is interesting to see the shape of the
geminiverse resources. It also helps to tune some typical client default
parameters for max resource size before abandoning a client connection -
as we know there is no Content-Length to know how much content to expect.

I know it is cheeky to keep coming with new suggestions - but it would
be handy to know some time what is the shape of the predominant gemini
resource - text/gemini. I assume that currently the stats apply to all
resources, so may be skewed up due to binary files etc.

Regards

  - Luke