[tech] Favicons in Amfora

Rafi Khan rafi at rafikhan.io
Mon Feb 22 21:15:07 GMT 2021

Petite Abeille <petite.abeille at gmail.com> writes:

>> On Feb 22, 2021, at 21:21, colecmac at protonmail.com wrote:
>>
>> They were a fun experiment, but ultimately I cannot justify them

Agreed.
> Why?
>
> Are you not depriving your very own users from a fun, harmless
> functionality in the name of some misplaced ideological purity?

Looking at the linked github issue. It seemed like the person that
created it wasn't very interested in anything other than "do what I
want" or else the sites will be blacklisted.

Sometimes I think that ideologies are important, especially since many
of these niche communities are based around such ideas like
minimalism. But then other times, the ideologies are used as
weapons... which is not constructive?

I am just new to the gemini community (first time posting here). So
hopefully my thoughts aren't too out of context!

Thanks,
Rafi

P.S. I am new to mailing lists. Please let me know if the way I am
replying is bad or my client is not correctly configured.