[SPEC] Backwards-compatible metadata in Gemini

Alex // nytpu alex at nytpu.com
Wed Feb 24 23:18:40 GMT 2021

On 2021-02-24 11:53PM, Petite Abeille wrote:
> The hairdresser?
No, I'm obviously talking about the soccer^Wfootball player, he
maintains a strong stance on fledgling internet protocols:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Wagner

In actuality I'm talking about the René Wagner that participates on this
mailing list quite regularly, no need to be snide.  Here's the original
message (in this case it was in response to previous threads on escaping
and italics, some other unnecessary proposals that pop up every so often):
https://lists.orbitalfox.eu/archives/gemini/2020/003251.html

> ...why would his opinion have any special authority on the matter?
Why would their opinion against this change[a] have less authority than
the people who are advocating for this change?

[a]: not that they've expressed any, the site provides a generic
     response to "metadata"

~nytpu

--
Alex // nytpu
alex at nytpu.com
GPG Key: https://www.nytpu.com/files/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint: 43A5 890C EE85 EA1F 8C88 9492 ECCD C07B 337B 8F5B
https://useplaintext.email/