Re: [spec] mercury highlights ☿️

Phil Leblanc philanc at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:04:34 GMT 2021

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 3:40 PM Petite Abeille <petite.abeille at gmail.com> wrote:

> That subset was always good enough for my needs, and that's what I have been using since — instead of Gemini proper.

+1

> What follows is my implementation highlights of Mercury — for the record.
(...)
> REQUEST 4,096 bytes UTF-8 IRI line

Yes. Bumping the request max size may allow e.g. very simple update
schemes. I think this could also apply to the gemini protocol
=> https://lists.orbitalfox.eu/archives/gemini/2020/002045.html

> MERCURI URN
> urn:mercury:capa
>
> CAPA REQUEST
> urn:mercury:capa
>
> CAPA RESPONSE
> 20 text/mercury;charset=utf-8;
> => urn:mercury:capa
> <end of connection>
>
> Servers MUST support urn:mercury:capa.

Why this specific requirement? I didn't find any reference to
"urn:*:capa". What does it mean and what would be the returned values?

Phil