[announce] Delegation of responsibility for spec finalisation

Sean Conner sean at conman.org
Mon Mar 1 21:09:44 GMT 2021

It was thus said that the Great Petite Abeille once stated:

> > On Mar 1, 2021, at 03:48, Sean Conner <sean at conman.org> wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, while I'm here I might as well weigh in on some of
> > the current proposals.
>
> While you are at it... what about the URI ↔︎ IRI mega thread of  yore?
>
> What's the current thinking, if any?

  My current thinking is a switch to IRI once some details are ironed out.
People who are concerned about this can voice their concerns on the list
here, or (more preferrably) in the issue tracker for this:

	https://gitlab.com/gemini-specification/protocol/-/issues/1

  Rational:  Since Gemini is geared around UTF-8, it's weird that the only
aspect that currently can't be UTF-8 are links.  The change from URI to IRI
is pretty minimal except for the use of IDN (International Domain Names) and
DNS resolution.

  -spc