[announce] Delegation of responsibility for spec finalisation

Sean Conner sean at conman.org
Tue Mar 2 00:52:41 GMT 2021

It was thus said that the Great Petite Abeille once stated:

> > On Mar 1, 2021, at 22:09, Sean Conner <sean at conman.org> wrote:
> >
> >  My current thinking is a switch to IRI once some details are ironed out.
>
> Fantastic.
>
> Second question: is there any reasonable way to decouple the Transport
> Layer Security requirement from the Gemini protocol itself?

  Short answer:  no.

  Long anser:  If you want to explore alternative transport security
methods, go to town with an implementation, get the crypto community to pass
it and *then* present it to the Gemini community.  At that point, the
discussion can commence.

One of the primary motivations of Gemini was adding TLS to gopher, and to
avoid the whole http: vs https: that infests the web.

  -spc