[announce] Delegation of responsibility for spec finalisation

Petite Abeille petite.abeille at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 08:51:27 GMT 2021

> On Mar 2, 2021, at 09:21, Sean Conner <sean at conman.org> wrote:
>
> I do NOT want to encourage anyone to create some half-baked crypto scheme and make things worse.

Very motherly of you. Thank you for your concern. :)

As already mentioned several times over the last several months: in my case, everything runs over wireguard+tailscale [1][2] — making TLS redundant and unwelcome.

"Remembering the LAN" explains the operating principle:
https://tailscale.com/blog/remembering-the-lan/

In short, this is not about (re)inventing some "half-baked crypto", but rather to use existing ones, which happen not to be TLS at all.

No drama though... I do not mind one way or another as for as Gemini goes — I have fully moved on and adopted+adapted Mercury for my own needs.

Just thought it would be polite to explicitly point out the corner you are painting yourself into :)

No worries though... all good :)

Wish you a very pleasant day.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WireGuard
[2] https://tailscale.com/blog/how-tailscale-works/