Gemini privacy

Sean Conner sean at conman.org
Wed Mar 10 00:54:54 GMT 2021

It was thus said that the Great Phil Leblanc once stated:
> On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 6:36 PM <nothien at uber.space> wrote:
> >
> > P.S: I've been thinking about all the issues we've come across with TLS,
> > and I've been collecting ideas for a new transport security protocol.  I
> > know ~spc's stance on crypto ("get it approved by the crypto community,
> > make an implementation, then we'll talk"),
>
> I think Sean Conner's statement is rhetoric or tongue-in-cheek :-)
> Whether one likes it or not, Gemini IS built upon TLS. Period. That
> ship has sailed.  So I understand Sean (and others) want to limit
> entropy in the mailing list

  It's not completely rhetorical---it's to just shut up those what want
others to do the work.  But I mean it---present a working proof-of-concept
that has passed the crypto community and by all means, it'll be worth
talking about then (mostly about hose easy it is to implement across a
variety of languages).  Until then, it's TLS.

  -spc (We've already had one "proof-of-concept" alternative crypto, but it
	was rejected by the person who did it for further study ... )