[users] Gemini as a local note-taking / personal wiki thing?

Dave Gauer dave at ratfactor.com
Fri Mar 12 15:13:27 GMT 2021

> Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 12:14:06 +0000
> From: Sgaith <Sgiath at pm.me>
>
>> Have you considered emacs org-mode? It's not quite the same syntax but is nearly identical to what you're describing it seems?
>
> Yeah I know it is really similar and I tried it but I wasn't able to switch from Vim to Emacs (even with the Evil Mode) :)

De-lurking because this is a subject near and dear to me. I'm an ardent
fan of Vimwiki, but it didn't support the One True lightweight markup
language I'd chosen for my personal content: AsciiDoc. Adding full
AsciiDoc support to Vimwiki was a real pain, so I ended up making my own
Vim extension with identical shortcuts.

I now have a body of .adoc files that are navigable wiki-style within
Vim and *also* export (and publish) as HTML and Gopher with some simple
shell scripts!

Check out how small the extension's source is:

https://github.com/ratfactor/vviki/blob/master/plugin/vviki.vim

AsciiDoc links are way harder to parse than gem! Fork this thing and
make your dreams come true. Wiki paradise awaits.

-Dave Gauer