[spec] relative link behavior definition

Sgaith Sgiath at pm.me
Tue Mar 23 08:57:26 GMT 2021

Hi I am playing with server implementation for Gemini and I bumped into one case where I feel the behavior is not strictly specified so I would appreciate your help and clarification on it:

Link in Gemini document can be relative link but how is actually defined behavior for relative link `../`? I have instinctively expected that it would work like `cd ..` on Linux but I have experienced that many clients treat it as "Back" button in classical browser - e.g. takes you to the previously visited page. What is the "correct"/expected/specified behavior for this case?

Thanks for your help
--
Sgiath
GPG: 0x70f9c7de34cb3bc8