JetForce vs. Molly Brown Server: CGI-variable SCRIPT_NAME is not present

Matthew Ernisse matt at going-flying.com
Tue Apr 13 15:59:02 BST 2021

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 10:59:57PM -0400, Frank Jüdes said:
> i am not sure if the author of the Molly-Brown server is reading this list,
> i tried to sign up on tildegit.org, but they won't accept my e-mail address
> there. I have created a perl-package to make the development of CGI programs
> for the gemini-space somewhat easier for perl-programmers, especially the
> handling of multiple parameters can be handled fully transparent for the
> application.
>
> But that mechanism is based on the SCRIPT_NAME cgi-variable!

In the hopes that you may find this useful, I have a light wrapper I use
to write CGIs for Molly Brown in Python.  It has served me fairly well with
fairly complex CGIs.

Module:
gemini://going-flying.com/git/cgi/gemini.git/tree/master/cgi-bin/gmicgi/__init__.py

Some demo code:
gemini://going-flying.com/git/cgi/gemini.git/tree/master/cgi-bin/test

All the CGIs I have at the moment:
gemini://going-flying.com/git/cgi/gemini.git/tree/master/cgi-bin/

--Matt

---
Matthew Ernisse
matt at going-flying.com