The Small Web project

Matthew Ernisse matt at going-flying.com
Wed Apr 21 17:49:53 BST 2021

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 03:20:21PM +0000, Étienne Deparis said:
> It’s more like their assumptions are ok. I mean I think we all agree on the
> privacy need and take-back-the-web thing. But I don’t understand how they
> switch so quickly from these assumption to
> yet-another-static-website-generator. Ok it’s in js, maybe kind of new. But
> woah, there is already a lot of static website generator and I’m not sure to
> understand their point.

Agreed, and then they throw this out there.

"... we also need tools specifically optimised for building single-tenant
web applications ..."

I think part of the problem of the web these days is that everything seems
to want to be an application.  The small web really can (should?) just be a
folder with some files and a web server.  It worked for the first 25 years.

--Matt

As a side question since I just noticed -- why does their smallweb static
site generator feature a Twitch.tv replacement above the fold?   Who
is their audience?

--
Matthew Ernisse
matt at going-flying.com