The geminauts (Was: Gempub 1.0.0 ; A new eBook format based on Gemini Protocol's Gemtext

'Stephane Bortzmeyer' stephane at sources.org
Mon Apr 26 07:31:17 BST 2021

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 04:35:29PM -0700,
 raph at raphm.com <raph at raphm.com> wrote
 a message of 57 lines which said:

> Also, I'm new to this list and to Gemini (hi, everyone!), but I'm
> old enough to remember when we called it "the net" and not "the
> web". Gemini does a great job of bringing back the
> impossible-to-describe feel of the early 1990s internet, right after
> BBSs and right before Canter and Siegel did their thing and filled
> up my NNTP drive.  :)

I don't know if a researcher already did a survey of geminauts, and of
their age. Are they old people nostalgic of the beginning or young
people eager to revolutionize "Dad's Web"? I was also a Usenet admin
at the time of C&S.