Gemini Digest, Vol 22, Issue 18

Luke Orlando Emmet luke at marmaladefoo.com
Wed May 19 14:10:36 BST 2021

On Wed, 19 May 2021 at 13:53, charliebrownau <charliebrownau at protonmail.com>
wrote:

> Gday
> Maybe I am jumping the gun and over reacting
>
> Did anyone look at Chris McGee Gemini site
> It links back to schema.org
> https://schema.org/docs/about.html
> https://schema.org/
>
> " Founded by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and Yandex"
> " Schema.org vocabularies are developed by an open community process,
> using the public-schemaorg at w3.org mailing list and through GitHub."

I think you are perhaps over reacting. Schema.org is not an official part
of Gemini.

People can link to whatever URLs they choose.

Otherwise we all have our own taste about preferred technology. The main
thing is to get the interoperability the way we want in Gemini to keep it
simple.

I doubt whether there is much potential interest from large corporate
entities given Gemini is so limited compared to the web, where they have
the full gamut of cookies, tracking, embedded video, javascript etc.

  - Luke