[Off Topic]Discussing how to have communities without going back to something http/s based

Jason McBrayer jmcbray at carcosa.net
Sun Jun 13 01:04:42 BST 2021

Jonathan Lane writes:
> NNTP is cool, especially if you use UUCP or NNNCP[1] as a transport
> mechanism for offline relaying.  I favor Eternal September[2] as the
> news provider of choice since it's text groups only - no NZB warez.
>
> [1]: http://www.nncpgo.org/
> [2]: https://www.eternal-september.org/

Has anyone written any documentation on setting up a Usenet-like network
over NNCP? I.e., one that syncs news spools usable by either local
newsreaders or NNTP servers? Someone pointed me at NNCP a while ago, but
I wasn't able to find that kind of documentation, so didn't really have
a use case.

--
Jason McBrayer      | “Strange is the night where black stars rise,
jmcbray at carcosa.net | and strange moons circle through the skies,