[users] Announcing Antenna!

ew.gemini ew.gemini at nassur.net
Sun Jul 4 18:07:50 BST 2021

Hej hej,

Björn Wärmedal <bjorn.warmedal at gmail.com> writes:

> gemini://warmedal.se/~antenna/

>snip<

> Antenna works differently. It doesn't remember feed URLs. It doesn't
> intermittently poll feeds. Instead it relies on publishers willingness
> to add an extra step to their publishing process: when your
> Atom/RSS/gemsub feed has been updated, make a gemini call to
> gemini://warmedal.se/~antenna/submit with the URL to your feed as the
> query string. I do it by using my gemcall:
>
> gemcall -u gemini://warmedal.se/~antenna/submit?warmedal.se/~bjorn/atom.xml

"It turns the problem around". Impressive.

I probably should train the habit of this turning around even
more.

Sometimes, when we ($dayjob) are on a bug hunt, I say "But what
if this phenomenon should be a feature? What if I wanted to have
it like that? Where in the code would you implement it?" Often
this leads us closer to the source of the problem.

It's probably just a psycological trick, but as long as it helps ...

>snip<

Cheers,
~ew

--