[tech] Can I use existing ssh keys for gemini identity?

Robert "khuxkm" Miles khuxkm at tilde.team
Fri Jul 9 23:57:28 BST 2021

July 9, 2021 9:30 AM, "Chris McGee" <newton688 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to use my ssh RSA key-pairs as my identity for Gemini?

As everyone else has said, Gemini uses TLS and not SSH. However, nobody seems to have mentioned you
could just sign a TLS certificate with your private key? You would simply use a command like the
following:

openssl req -x509 -sha256 -days 3650 -key privkey.pem -out mycert.crt

That would generate a certificate with your existing private key.

Just my two cents,
Robert "khuxkm" Miles