[spec] comments on the proposed gemini spec revisions

indieterminacy at libre.brussels indieterminacy at libre.brussels
Mon Oct 11 10:51:37 BST 2021

Hello Alex,

I find using GitLab horrificly expedient, it would be nice to not be
dependent on it.

I am currently working on creating a GemText based issue tracker,
leveraging git repos and a simplified directory structure.

Hopefully, one day we can federate issue repos, using tools like
grokmirror and gitolite. And not be dependent on one gitforge in
particular.

Things I intend to work on include proxies for http issue pages and
kanban boards.

Im a big fan of elinks (though I stopped when it languished and need to
package the recent fork, felinks, which is developing Gemini
compatability). Should it get packaged on Guix (which Id like to get
around to) I will try that for a parsing environment. Perhaps people can
federate GemText equivalents as part of an eLinks (et al) hook.

Jonathan McHugh
indieterminacy at libre.brussels