[Logarion] Converging header fields with email and HTTP

SP sp at orbitalfox.eu
Wed Mar 14 23:43:54 UTC 2018

Coming to the point of sticking to, and documenting, the header fields. I think it would be greatly beneficial to converge with Email and HTTP headers. This would make mapping of Logarion archives to those protocols simple, enabling the possibilities that arise from that.

For some reason, looked but not found anything, email and HTTP header fields use capitalised words as a convention, although I think it is not required.

Examples:
- Email: http://www.avolio.com/columns/E-mailheaders.html
- HTTP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_header_fields#Request_fields

Currently the generated Logarion header fields look like this:

    title: Storing an OCaml callback function in a C++ object
    authors: SP <sp at orbit...>
    date: 2017-01-10T00:04:53-00:00
    topics: computing
    categories: published
    keywords: ocaml, c++, callbacks
    abstract: OCaml global roots can not be stored in OCaml's heap
    uuid: b2d13b33-39f5-4e15-8d18-e0100391ceba

Would the header fields look nicer with capitalised initials?

    Title: ...
    Authors: ...

On a more extreme level, should header field names be renamed to match the closest email or HTTP ones?

   title  -> Subject
   authors-> From	(Not great)
   uuid	  -> Message-ID	(I don't like this one at all)

Possible new fields from email:

- Archived-At