[Logarion] Suggestions: Shorten the --help output, return control to shell prompt.

SP sp at orbitalfox.eu
Tue Jan 8 23:19:53 GMT 2019

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 12:13:28AM +0530, Refpga wrote:
>Currently, running $logarion --help command displays the whole manpage,
>and a pager captures the control of the console from there on. [..]

Previously I thought the invocation of a pager to show the help message was unconventional. But when I tried it now, I though it actually made sense, because it doesn't litter the log with help-text.
This is not something that should be used in the chainning of commands anyway, so it's ok if it captures control.

>Running it with $logarion -h gives too short & useless information. It
>doesn't even mention any options.

Had a quick look for support for short `-h` message by Cmdliner, I didn't find anything. Other Cmdliner based programs don't seem to support that option either, which made me wonder if it's a "bad" convention.

Maybe Daniel can elaborate on the above, I have copied to him.

--
	SP