[Logarion] Building Logarion on OpenBSD 6.4 with OCaml 4.03.0

Matthew Graybosch howdy at matthewgraybosch.com
Wed Feb 6 18:31:55 GMT 2019

On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 13:22:00 -0500
Matthew Graybosch <howdy at matthewgraybosch.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 18:16:08 +0000
> orbifx <fox at orbitalfox.eu> wrote:
>
> > Something tells me you will encounter issues with 4.03.0. You can
> > use that to install OPAM and from there "switch" to 4.07. It will
> > build it's self.
> >
> > So does the package manager have OPAM?
>
> The package mangler has OPAM 1.2.2, and that's from August 2015. Looks
> like I'm in for fun times ahead if I want to build Logarion on
> OpenBSD...

Then again, if I install Opam 1.2.2 through the package mangler and
then have it install Opam 2, I can probably set Opam 2 to install and
run things from /usr/local. It'll be like using cabal for Haskell stuff.

https://deftly.net/posts/2017-10-12-using-cabal-on-openbsd.html

--
Matthew Graybosch
https://matthewgraybosch.com