index.gmi

Ben benulo at systemli.org
Fri Jun 18 13:01:02 BST 2021

Another vote in favor of using this filename:

Currently I'm using gemfeed.py in my script to provide Gemini with its
own atom feed. (In effect, Logarion makes the atom feed for the HTML
site, gemfeed.py makes it for the Gemini site.) I merged my tilde.team
Gemini and HTML into a single archive, but each protocol has its own
export dir; some texts go to gemini/, some go to public/ (HTML).

What gemfeed.py does is generate an atom feed of the most recent .gmi
files in a directory. It skips "index.gmi" specifically, but it doesn't
know that index.date.gmi isn't a post, so it syndicates it every time.

My current workaround is less than ideal, which is to first convert the
folder, remove index.date.gmi, run gemfeed.py, and then run the
converter a second time. An alternative method would be to get rind of
my symlink to index.gmi and just move index.date.gmi to index.gmi after
each conversion, which the script could certainly do.

Easier still would be if that file were named index.gmi to begin with!

Ben

--
gemini://kwiecien.us/